Hitting a wall with your job search in Vancouver?
You are not alone. The Brazilian girl who worked for a major publishing company with an IELTS 7.0 spent months job hunting and works part-time in a nightclub. The Italian guy who has his own design firm back home but came to Canada for a different lifestyle is working at minimum wages for a small firm. And even the Dutch girl with a master’s degree had to sent over 20 applications before she ended up with a part-time job.
“It’s time to renew your job search strategy, tools and attitude towards it.”
What’s different about Springboard’s approach?
The topics are common in many employment workshops you will find. However, most of those workshops were not developed with International professionals in mind. In the past 12 years I’ve worked with hundreds of employers, Hr people from small, medium and big sized companies and listened to their feedback on international candidates.
Through job and internship placements, I got to identify what employers are really looking for and international professionals can bring advantages to their company. But, I’ve also gotten to see where they lack and how they need to step up their game during the hiring process and stand out better.
Summary of workshop and consultation
- 300 minutes of group workshops and 120 minutes of personal consultation
- Why you need a skilled job and what is NOC
- What it means to you and how it influences your future
- Your job search keywords and why you need to think about these
- Your job search success and challenges
- Rewriting your resume for higher impact
- Emphasis on your interview in a group setting and individually
- 1:1 consultation to renew your search strategy, tools and attitude
To join the career development workshop with other international professionals, you should have a high level of English communication, professional job experience from abroad, open work permit or expecting one soon and a commitment to renew your job search strategies, tools and attitude towards it.
3 group workshops:
- May 21st 10:00am – 12:00pm
- May 28th 10:00am – 12:00pm
- June 4th 10:00am – 12:00pm
* Clients will be scheduled for individual consultations after completion of group workshops.
* 360 minutes of group workshops and (2 hours) 120 minutes of personal consultation
Fee: $290 + GST
To sign up:
Please send us your resume. If you have a cover letter, include it too. Write a little bit about your current study, work or other situations concerning your job search, success and challenges you face. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org