World’s Best Obstacle Race. Period.
Born in the scenic hills of Vermont, USA, Spartan Race was created to bring the excitement of obstacle racing to spectators and athletes alike. That means you. With 130 events in 15 countries and 6 continents in 2014, Spartan Race is available to most everyone in the world.
Spartan Race is on June 4th, happening at Mt. Seymour in North Vancouver. Here are the positions accepting volunteers.
- Course Marshalls– help direct participants safely on the route
- Obstacle Volunteers – make sure that all participants navigate the obstacle safely and do burpees if they can’t complete an Obstacle
- Water Stations – Hand out water to the racers
- Finish Area– help hand out water, as well as finisher medals and t shirts to participants and retrieve their timing chips. This position starts at 7:30 or 8 am or later.
- Greeter– Need outgoing individual to greet everyone by Registration you will be given information on race and details of event.
- Athlete Checkin/Registration– get all participants to sign waiver forms, show ID, and give them their race number and race chip
- Event Volunteers- volunteer wherever needed.
- Bag Check – Help check in and secure bags or items for participants during their race
- Merchandise –Help with customer service and getting clothing items for customers
- Body Marking– Help racers print their race numbers on their arms
For more information about joining the Vancouver Spartan Race volunteer team, please email: Josh Yu