Do you enjoy variety and adventure, a career with great perks, a global networking opportunity and lots of travel opportunities? If this sounds like you, then a practicum at YVR with one of North America’s leading airlines would be the perfect opportunity for you.
Summary of Position
The successful practicum student will have the opportunity to see day to day operations for ground staff, gain an insight into airport operations and customer service. A great experience for any student interested in pursuing a future in airline customer services.
Your role will be in Guest Services and some of the tasks that you will gain exposure to include:
- Greeting and assisting guests and handling their enquiries
- Assist with kiosk Check-In
- Assist with translation and other language barriers
- Providing directions and transfer assistance to guests
- Become an expert in the knowledge of YVR’s layout
Minimum term & Requirement:
Minimum of 12 weeks work practicum term, 8 or 10 week terms may be considered based on the host company. This is also a season position. Practicum opportunities are not available year round.
The successful student will have an interest and preferably an educational background in the Tourism Industry or in Airport Operations. Experience in Customer Services would be beneficial. The successful student will need to communicate with people from all over the world so English communication skills need to be strong with the ability to communicate in fast paced, high pressure environments.
Outcome of Successful Completion:
The practicum student that successfully completes their practicum with this company will receive:
- Reference letter from a prominent North American airline
- Exposure to airline operations
- Exposure and opportunity to Interact and job shadow experienced ground staff personnel
- Opportunities to speak with people from various nationalities, further improving communication and customer service skills.
If interested and seeking more information, please contact us here!