Vancouver can offer ton of interesting volunteering opportunities for international students and travelers can join. Volunteering is one of the best ways to mingle with welcoming Canadians. And of course, you will be able to practice your English more and have fun at the same time.
We offer two types of volunteering options for you. Casual Volunteering and 1 Month volunteer program which both do not require work permit to participate.
Casual Volunteering Opportunities
• Flexible schedule and commit to spend about 5 to 8 hours a week
• Sports, Arts, Culture and Music related international or local events. It can be also helping out at senior care homes and assisting with various types of youth related programs
• Examples: Bowen Island tour leader (8 hours a week), weekend community event assistant (5 hours a week), Movie night host for senior care center (4 hours a week), Vancouver Chinatown festival (8 hours for one day), Stanley Park Ecology Center (3 hours a week to clean up parts of Stanley park), German-Canadian senior care home (2 hours a week for afternoon entertainment schedules), BBQ helper for beach parties (4 hours)
• Interview – Most of the casual volunteering opportunities does not require an interview but asked to join an orientation meetings
• How to access Casual volunteering opportunities
New volunteering opportunities will be posted on our facebook page
We may also invite the volunteer organization to our office to give presentation to interested students, working holiday makers and travelers. And volunteer info session posting will first appear on our facebook page too.
• Cost: FREE!
1 Month Volunteer Program
While Casual volunteering opportunity generally have limitation to time you spend each week and positions you can do, 1 Month volunteer program is a lot more involved can provide you with wide range of opportunities.
You will be working as one of the regular staff member at non-profit organizations such as YMCA, YWCA, Lion’s gate hospital foundation, VGH & UBC Hospitality foundation, Vancity community foundation, Alliance for Arts and Culture, Peace Geek, Green Peace, Red Cross, Access Probono and local community centers.
• Fixed volunteering schedule and hours, require about 30 to 32 hours a week
• Examples: Office administration volunteer for non-profit legal service, donation processing for finance team, Network & system administrator, Social Media & PR, Computer instructor, day care (pre-school) assistant, client service representative, Sports and recreation assistant, Creative art assistant (video), Fund raising assistant, office reception, marketing assistant, community police centres, community education assistant, Guest service representative
• Interview – Required
• How to join 1 month volunteer program
1 Month volunteer program has monthly start dates and you need to sign up a month before in advance. If you want to start your volunteer program from September, you should join during the first week of August or even in the last week of July.
Sign up (by filling in general inquiry form) → Meet with Springboard → Join 1 time group workshop → Have an interview with your non-profit organization (host) → get your volunteer schedule organized → Start your 1 month volunteering
• Group workshop
We ask you join our group workshop. It is for all one month volunteer program participants and we will give you tips on volunteer interview, work place culture and survival tips.
We charge $350.00 to cover the cost of Volunteer program operation, facilitating workshop and 1:1 placement for you.
Please fill out the following form to book a meeting with us. We will contact you very soon.